Siyavuş ile Alp Er Tonga
Ortalarında Strabon'un "Coğrafya"* adlı eserinde "OXUS - OCHUS", yani "OĞUZ" olarak geçen "Ceyhun Nehri".
Alp Er Tonga'nın sancağında Kün
Minyatür 15.yy - Metropolitan Müzesi
*Strabon, kitap 11.7-8
Siyavush and Alp Er Tonga (Afrasiab)
by the river Oxus (Amudarya),
15th c. miniature. - Metropolitan Museum
Siyavush, the son of Kay Kavus ran away from home to Turan, and married the Khagan Afrasiyab's daughter Firangiz.
* Turan = Tur, the root word for Turk, - an plural; Turks, Turan / Turkish Land.
* Khagan = Kağan, ety.Tr., also used as male name/surname.
* Afrasiyab = Alp Er Tonga/Tunga, died in 625 BC. King of Sacae (Saka) Turks.
* Alp = brave warrior, hero, ety.Tr., also used as male name.
* Er = Ety.Tr., meaning man, male, soldier.
* Firangiz = -giz in Firangiz ; gız-kız ; meaning girl, ety.Tr.
* Tomyris of 5th BC, Queen of Massagetae (Big Saka) Turks, who behead the Great Cyrus is the granddaughter of Afrasiyab.
* Tomyris = ety.Tr., Tomars, Tömür, Tomris ; meaning iron, iron coeur. Also used as female name "Tomris".
* Amu Darya River = Ceyhun today.
In the ancient times called as OXUS - OCHUS, which is OGHUZ (OĞUZ), as in OGHUZ TURKS.
"... and towards the Ochus River..." ;
"...where the Ochus and the Oxus and several other rivers rise..."
There are 24 Oghuz Tribes, and much more sub-tribes.
Five of them :
Seljuks Empire - İran and Turkey (of Kınık tribe),
Ottoman Empire - İran, Turkey and Europe (of Kayı tribe),
Safavids in İran (of Akkoyunlu - Aqqoyunlu - White Sheep Turkomans - tribe)
Afsharids in İran (of Avshar - Avşar - tribe)
Pechenegs in Europe (Peçenek tribe)
Turkey, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Gagauzia, Turks in Syria and Irak are Oghuz Turks, mixed with other Turkish tribes, like Cumans, Kipchaks, Khazars, Huns, etc.